- 1996-2001: BSc. in Non-Ferrous & Powder Metallurgy, Hanoi University of Technology, Department of Metallurgy and Materials Technology, Vietnam.
- 2001-2003: MSc. in Materials Science, International Training Institute of Materials Science (ITIMS), Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam.
- 2003-2007: PhD. in Materials Science & Engineering, Chungnam National University, SouthKorea.
- 2007-2008: Postdoc, BK21 Program, Chungbuk National University, South Korea.
- from 2013: Associate Professor of Materials Science at HUST
- 2012-current: Head of Department of Nanoscience and Nanotechnologyat AIST-HUST
- 2008-present: Member of Vietnam Physics Society (VPS) and Vietnam Materials Science Society (V-MRS)
- 2011: Visiting researcher, Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University, Belgium.
- 2011: Visiting researcher, Instrument Technology Research Center (ITRC), Taiwan.
- 2010-2012: Vice-director of Laboratory of Nano-Optoelectronics (LaNOPEL)- a national key laboratory project at HUST.
- 2008-current: Full lecturer, Hanoi University of Science and Technology(HUST), Hanoi, Vietnam.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
Tuan’s research interests are Materials Science and Nanotechnology, focusing on the development of advanced funtional nanomaterials and innovative nanotechnology-enabled products for various technological applications from medicine to environment to energy sectors. He is a principal investigator of Nano Energy and Nano-Biomedical Research Group (NEB research group, www.neb-researchgroup.vn) at HUST.Current research topics are working in progress:
- Magnetism and GMI-based magnetic materials for electronic devices
- Nanomaterials as Novel Platforms for Bio-Chemo Sensing Applications
- Nanoparticles and nanocomposites for advanced antimicrobial applications
- Green functional nanomaterials for environmental monitoring and drinking water treatments
- Noble metals, metal oxides, core/shell, hybrid nanoparticles (NPs) for nanomedicine.
- Advanced nanocomposites for dye-sensitised solar cells and perovskite solar cells
► Pham Thi Lan Huong, Le Thanh Huy, Vu Ngoc Phan, Tran Quang Huy, Man Hoai Nam, Vu Dinh Lam, Anh-Tuan Le*, Application of graphene oxide-MnFe2O4 magnetic nanohybrids as magnetically separable adsorbent for highly efficient removal of arsenic from water, Journal of Electronic Materials, (Accepted), DOI: 10.1007/s11664-015-4314-3
► Ngo Xuan Dinh, Do Thi Chi, Nguyen Thi Lan, Hoang Lan, Hoang Van Tuan, Nguyen Van Quy, Vu Ngoc Phan, Tran Quang Huy, Anh-Tuan Le*, Water-dispersible silver nanoparticles-decorated carbon nanomaterials: Synthesis and enhanced antibacterial activity, Applied Physics A 119 (2015) 85-95. doi: 10.1007/s00339-014-8962-6
► Thanh-Tung Duong, Ta Quoc Tuan, Dang Viet Anh Dung, Nguyen Van Quy, Dinh-Lam Vu, Man Hoai Nam, Nguyen Duc Chien, Soon-Gil Yoon, Anh-Tuan Le*, Application of polyaniline nanowires electrodeposited on the FTO glass substrate as a counter electrode for low cost dye-sensitized solar cells, Current Applied Physics 14 (2014) 1607-1611. doi:10.1016/j.cap.2014.09.015
► Nguyen Thi Lan, Do Thi Chi, Ngo Xuan Dinh, Nguyen Duy Hung, Hoang Lan, Pham Anh Tuan, Le Hong Thang, Nguyen Ngoc Trung, Nguyen Quang Hoa, Tran Quang Huy, Nguyen Van Quy, Thanh-Tung Duong, Vu Ngoc Phan, Anh-Tuan Le*, "Photochemical decoration of silver nanoparticles on graphene oxide nanosheets and their optical characterization", Journal of Alloys and Compounds 615 (2014) 843-848. doi:10.1016/j.jallcom.2014.07.042
► Quang Huy Tran, Van Quy Nguyen, Anh-Tuan Le, “Silver nanoparticles: Synthesis, Properties, Toxicology, Applications and Perspectives”, Advances in Natural Science: Nanoscience and Nanotechnology Vol. 4 (2013) 033001 (20pp)