- 1996-2001: BSc. in Non-Ferrous & Powder Metallurgy, Hanoi University of Technology, Department of Metallurgy and Materials Technology, Vietnam.
- 2001-2003: MSc. in Materials Science, International Training Institute of Materials Science (ITIMS), Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam.
- 2003-2007: PhD. in Materials Science & Engineering, Chungnam National University, South Korea.
- 2007-2008: Postdoc, BK21 Program, Chungbuk National University, South Korea.
- from July 2016: Senior Lecturer at HUST
- Oct 2016: Visiting professor at Institute of Materials for Magnetism and Electronics at Parma in Italy
- June 2014- Dec 2016: Consultative expert about Clean Energy Technologies for Renewable Energy and New Materials Institute (REMI) in Lao
- from Oct 2013: Associate Professor of Materials Science at HUST
- 2012-current: Head of Department of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology at AIST-HUST
- 2008-present: Member of Vietnam Physics Society (VPS) and Vietnam Materials Science Society (V-MRS)
- 2011: Visiting researcher, Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University, Belgium.
- 2011: Visiting researcher, Instrument Technology Research Center (ITRC), Taiwan.
- 2010-2012: Vice-director of Laboratory of Nano-Optoelectronics (LaNOPEL)- a national key laboratory project at HUST.
- 2008-current: Full lecturer, Hanoi University of Science and Technology(HUST), Hanoi, Vietnam.
MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
Tuan’s research interests are Materials Science and Nanotechnology, focusing on the development of advanced funtional nanomaterials and innovative nanotechnology-enabled products for various technological applications from medicine to environment to energy sectors. He is a principal investigator of Nano Energy and Nano-Biomedical Research Group (NEB research group, www.neb-researchgroup.vn) at HUST.Current research topics are working in progress:
- Magnetism and GMI-based magnetic materials for electronic devices
- Nanomaterials as Novel Platforms for Bio-Chemo Sensing Applications
- Nanoparticles and nanocomposites for advanced antimicrobial applications
- Functional nanomaterials for environmental monitoring and drinking water treatments
- Magnetic nanostructures for advanced nanomedicine & cancer therapy
- Advanced nanocomposites for dye-sensitised solar cells and perovskite solar cells
UPDATED PUBLICATIONS IN 2016-2017
* Corresponding author
► Dao Tri Thuc, Tran Quang Huy*, Luc Huy Hoang, Tran Huy Hoang, Anh-Tuan Le*, Dang Duc Anh, Antibacterial activity of electrochemically synthesized colloidal silver nanoparticles against hospital acquired infections, Journal of Electronic Materials, Submitted
► Tran Quang Huy*, Nguyen Thi Hien Thanh, Nguyen Thanh Thuy, Pham Van Chung, Nguyen Thi Hong Hanh, Pham Ngoc Hung, Anh-Tuan Le*, Cytotoxicity and antiviral activity of electrochemical-synthesized silver nanoparticles against poliovirus, Journal of Virological Methods 241 (2017) 52-57. PDF http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jviromet.2016.12.015
► Vu Thi Trang, Le Thi Tam*, Vu Ngoc Phan, Nguyen Van Quy, Tran Quang Huy, Anh-Tuan Le*, Two-step hydrothermal synthesis of bifunctional hematite-silver heterodimer nanoparticles for potential antibacterial and anticancer applications, Journal of Electronic Materials (2017), Online First PDF, http://DOI: 10.1007/s11664-016-5227-5
► Le Thanh Huy, Le Thi Tam, Tran Van Son, Man Hoai Nam, Le Khanh Vinh, Duc-The Ngo, Tran Quang Huy, Vu Ngoc Phan*, Anh-Tuan Le*, Photochemical decoration of silver nanocrystals on magnetic MnFe2O4 nanoparticles and their applications for antibacterial agent and SERS-based detection, Journal of Electronic Materials, Accepted (In press)
► Vu Thi Trang, Le Thi Tam, Nguyen Van Quy, Tran Quang Huy, Doan Quang Tri, Nguyen Duy Cuong, Pham Anh Tuan, Hoang Van Tuan, Anh-Tuan Le*, Vu Ngoc Phan*, Functional iron oxide-silver hetero-nanocomposites: Controlled synthesis and antibacterial activity, Journal of Electronic Materials, Submitted
► Dao Tri Thuc, Tran Quang Huy*, Luc Huy Hoang, Bui Cong Tien, Pham Van Chung, Nguyen Thanh Thuy, Anh-Tuan Le, Green synthesis of colloidal silver nanoparticles through electrochemical method and their antibacterial activity, Materials Letters Vol. 181 (2016) 173-177. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.matlet.2016.06.008
► Le Thi Tam*, Ngo Xuan Dinh, Nguyen Van Quy, Tran Quang Huy, Duc-The Ngo, Kristian Mølhave, Anh-Tuan Le*, Graphene oxide/silver nanohybrids as multi-functional material for highly efficient bacterial disinfection and detection of organic dye, Journal of Electronic Materials, Vol 45, Issue 10 (2016) 5321-5333, doi:2010.1007/s11664-016-4734-8
► Ngo Xuan Dinh, Tran Quang Huy, Le Van Vu, Le Thi Tam, Anh-Tuan Le*, Multiwalled carbon nanotubes/silver nanocomposite as effective SERS platform for detection of methylene blue dye in water, Journal of Science: Advanced Materials and Devices Vol.1 (2016) 84-89. dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jsamd.2016.04.007
► Anh-Tuan Le*, Chu Duy Giang, Ta Quoc Tuan, Vu Ngoc Phan, Javier Alonso Masa, Jagannath Devkota, Hariharan Srikanth, and Manh-Huong Phan*, Enhanced magnetic anisotropy and heating efficiency of multi-functional manganese ferrite/graphene oxide nanostructures, Nanotechnology Vol. 27 (2016) 155707 (10 pp)
► Pham Thi Lan Huong, Le Thanh Huy, Vu Ngoc Phan, Tran Quang Huy, Man Hoai Nam, Vu Dinh Lam, Anh-Tuan Le*, Application of graphene oxide-MnFe2O4 magnetic nanohybrids as magnetically separable adsorbent for highly efficient removal of arsenic from water, Journal of Electronic Materials Vol. 45 No.5 (2016) 2372-2380, DOI: 10.1007/s11664-015-4314-3.